What does IPL stand for in cricket?
In cricket, IPL is the Indian Premier League https://bettingcricket.in/ipl/, which was established in 2008 as a T20 cricket tournament. Every year the tournament is held from mid-April to mid-June and will include up to ten teams from 2022.
IPL Tournament – Indian Premier League
It is one of the biggest domestic cricket tournaments in the world, but what is it and how does it work?
Structure of the tournament
Every franchise will play each other twice – at home and away – in the Indian Premier League’s round-robin tournament. Wins will award two points to each side, whereas abandons will award one point each to each team.
The top four teams in this table advance to the playoffs at the end of this stage, while the remaining teams are eliminated. There is a first qualifier in which the top two teams in the table face-off, with the winner proceeding directly to the final.
There will then be an eliminator between the third and fourth-placed teams. Winners go on to the second round, while losers get eliminated.
During the second qualifying round, the winner of the eliminator will face the loser of round one. If that game concludes in a win, the winner qualifies for the final.
When does the IPL begin?
In general, the IPL is scheduled to begin in April, though it varies from year to year. The competition starts with the group stages and continues through May.
It is generally expected that the knockouts will take place in late May or early June, and the final will also be then. The dates may change, but these are the initial dates for the tournament, which has been running for many years.
Franchise teams for the IPL
There will be ten franchise teams in the IPL starting in 2022. In 2021, the following teams will participate:
- Delhi Capitals
- Punjab Kings
- Mumbai Indians
Additionally, two new teams will join to make a total of ten teams. Until November 2021, the teams’ names have not been confirmed. Lucknow and Ahmedabad will host the games.
Dafabet Sports is the world’s best online betting site, with amazing sports gambling markets, casino games, and poker options. Sign up now to experience the excitement of top-level gaming!
Bidding for players
Every tournament begins with an auction of players. The franchises will bid for the services of those cricketers who wish to be part of the IPL. A base price is effectively a reserve price set by the players involved. It is the minimum offer that must be made by any team seeking to sign the player.
If a player becomes injured or withdraws for any other reason, there are options to replace the player. Franchises submit retained lists prior to the start of the auction.
Rules of the IPL
T20 cricket rules govern the format of the IPL. The teams each have an allotted capacity of 20 overs, with the goal of scoring more runs than their opponents. The side batting first sets the target in T20 cricket as it does in ODI cricket.
In turn, the fielding side takes the batting turn and must surpass that total in the allocated overs. The side batting first wins if the second-innings side does not reach the target.
Regardless of the number of bowlers, the team can only bowl four overs per bowler. The game will go to a Super Over if the scores are tied at the end. Each team will be given a six-ball over, with batting teams having two wickets each. After the Super Over is completed, a winner will be selected.
Where can I bet on the Indian premier league (IPL)?
Cricket fans in India are crazy about IPL. This game format was introduced first time in 2008 by the previous Indian cricket administrator. The Board of Control for Cricket and India launched IPL.
Nowadays cricket lovers not only like to watch this game but also like to place a bet on IPL. So punters have to find the best betting site as per their suitability. Here players can enjoy the game along with earning a lot of money. Now it’s time to discuss the best IPL betting sites:
- Betway. Betway is not a very much experienced brand in the betting market. It was founded in the year 2006 but has managed to earn experience in a short period. Betway has headquarters in Malta, London, and Madrid. It has also a range of market licenses such as the UK, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium, Ireland, Spain, and Malta. It is now one of the official global betting partners of Mzansi Super League T20 while a longstanding sponsor of the Grand National festival in horse racing. In the case of security, Betway was awarded in the year 2018 with ISO 27001 certification for its genuineness and reputation.
- Bet365. Bet365 has come to second place as the best IPL betting app. It Has no doubt one of the best betting application products available to the market after bet way. It is the world’s largest bookmaker with about 30 million users. The record of Bet365 can be outlined back to 2018 was established by Dennis Coates, the daughter of Peter Coates who had an offline betting store in the United Kingdom. Bet365 offers the most popular products like sports, casinos, live casinos, games, and poker. Users can happily watch live streaming of cricket on the Bet365 application. You can enjoy the world-class facility on a desktop in the mobile version.
- PureWin. PureWin first started its journey as an online casino. But later it was branched out into a sports betting site. Pure Win now offers one of the best IPL betting apps in the world with users who effortlessly download their application on their preferred devices. In the case of Android users, an apk file is obtainable on the official website of PureWin. They just have to download the application file on their smartphone or tablet directly and can enjoy the Purewin application on their devices. For iOS users, unfortunately, this betting app is not yet created for devices.
- Parimatch. This betting site began its journey around 29 years ago. IPL lovers find this site very exciting for placing a bet here. Punters enjoy placing a bet here for its special interface. While about talking banking transactions, punters can easily make their deposit and withdraw their winning amount using numerous options like Paytm, UPI, Net banking, Cryptocurrency, Neteller, Skrill, and many more. If players face any difficulty placing a bet on this online platform, they can easily solve their issue by communicating with an efficient customer support system. They are available 24×7 for the service of their customers. IPL lovers like to enjoy free sports live streaming here. The Parimatch India online sportsbook got a license from Curacao gaming.
- 4RAbet. This online bookmaker commenced its journey in 2019. Within a few years, this online platform expanded its arm over the world. Umbrella Development B.V is the owner of this reputed betting site. This betting site is one of the best platforms for IPL lovers. Players like to place bets here for its updated and smooth user interface. This betting site gives various causes for enjoying several IPL alternatives. But they never endorse any promotions to their bettors. There are plenty of options available like Phonepe, UPI and cryptocurrency for easing banking transactions. Indian players find this site very beneficial as it accepts Indian currency.
- 10Cric. This betting site offers various choices for IPL betting. Novice players get easily attracted by this online bookmaker for its high welcome bonus. They offer a good selection of IPL and promotional offers for cricket betting.
- ComeOn. This is online sports betting app compatible with both Android and iOS devices, which is known for cricket betting, most users use for IPL betting. This app knows the requirements of the users and their needs so the app is prepared accordingly. Options like a 100% welcome bonus, free spins, and many more features, if you are a fan of IPL, and love betting on IPL, then come on is the best app for you. ComeOn is India’s most trusted site, in terms of cricket betting and this is why people like enjoying this app.
Cricket lovers of India have many options to bet on the big game of the day. But with the increase in popularity of IPL betting apps, they are getting more and more popular in the country. This gives people a chance to bet whenever they want to bet on all ranges of events in India.